10. It’s one of the safest towns in Texas. No surprise if “dog at large” makes “crime of the week.” Our officers keep us safe!
9. We have THE widest Main Street in Texas (designed in the 1800s so that locals could do a U-turn with their ox carts)!
8. We have more festivals than the law allows: Over 60 per year! Whether it’s a gourd festival, crawfish festival, or an antique car rally... we’ve got it!
7. We have the longest running, never-interrupted, county fair in Texas. Talk about good old-fashioned fun! You WILL see your neighbors entering their pies, quilts, and pumpkins hoping for a blue ribbon.
6. Amazing health care! Most towns our size struggle to attract a handful of doctors. We have over ONE HUNDRED doctors on staff at our award-winning hospital!
5. Best. Shopping. Ever. That wide Main Street is home to over 150 unique shops, boutiques, and art galleries. Shopaholics, start your engines!
4. Bon appetit! Fredericksburg has over 60 restaurants… everything from mom and pop burger joints to intimate bistros to world class dining. If you’re feeling peckish, this is the place to be!
3. We have THE best Oktoberfest outside of Munich! Cheers! Make that Prost!
2. We are the #2 destination for wineries in America, after Napa Valley! And finally...
1. Sometimes you want to go… where everybody knows your name! Literally.